Ocean Resort Casino to Drive Hard Rock Wave, Announces Same June 28 Opening Date
Ocean Resort Casino is opening June 28, the same day as Hard Rock, in what’s most likely to become Atlantic City’s unofficial begin to the 2018 summer.
Ocean Resort Casino is to open its doors in June on the really same day as its neighbor down the Boardwalk.
Though summer technically starts a week earlier on June 21, the opening of Ocean Resort and complex Rock regarding the day that is same attract a mob of visitors to New Jersey’s beachfront gambling hub.
Ocean Resort, the former Revel, and Hard Rock, the former Trump Taj Mahal, are only a short walk from one another.
Ocean Resort was acquired in January by Colorado developer Bruce Deifik’s Integrated characteristics for $200 million from Glenn Straub. The house, which cost $2.4 billion to build but closed lower than two and a years that are half its 2014 opening, had been sold to Straub in bankruptcy for just $82 million.
Deifik’s group is overhauling the resort at an unknown expense to make it more attractive than its previous incarnation. The smoking ban is being lifted, two-night minimum weekend stays are no more, pedestrian traffic flow is being made simpler, and the overall ‘stuffy’ customer service is going to be changed to ‘treat people with respect,’ Deifik recently told the Associated Press.
After rumors emerged that Ocean Resort Casino had been considering opening the day that is same tricky Rock, Deifik confirmed just as much in a statement issued on Monday.
What you may anticipate
The entire 6.4 million-square-foot Ocean Resort Casino is ‘undergoing a property refresh,’ based on Deifik.
Notable new features range from the globe’s largest Topgolf Swing Suite that offers simulated golf games, renovated 5,500-seat Ovation Hall theater, brand new day and nightclubs, spa, and 16 dining establishments.
Though smoking will be permitted in designated sections of the casino floor, Ocean Resort hopes to become more family-friendly at the exact same time. an eatery that is kid-focused ‘Cereal Town’ where kids might have ‘cereal from around the globe’ is one such ploy to get moms and dads in the doors.
The casino will span 138,000 square feet. Before gaming operations can begin, the continuing state Casino Control Commission will need to review a recommendation from the Division of Gaming Enforcement and hold a hearing.
Cause for Celebration
Hard Rock Atlantic City purchased the shuttered Taj from billionaire Carl Icahn in March 2017 for $50 million. The company that is seminole-owned spending more than $500 million turning the resort into a rock ‘n’ roll-themed holiday destination.
Gambling, in accordance with Hard Rock CEO Jim Allen, will come second.
‘ When we announced that people were going to step up the Atlantic City video gaming market, we possessed a different view point,’ Allen said last month. ‘It’s maybe not about gaming. It is about entertainment.’
But Atlantic City is about video gaming, and while Allen is living as much as his claim by scheduling 300 concerts and shows in year one, the resort’s future will probably heavily be determined by revenues produced inside the casino.
The seven remaining casinos have published back-to-back annual gross gaming income wins after suffering nine several years of declines that saw five resorts shutter. The reopening of two Atlantic City casinos is reason to celebrate, but with caution.
Anthony Marino, a former professor at Stockton University, wrote in the Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming quarterly publication last thirty days that the new resorts have plenty of wow factor. He believes they will attract new visitors to Atlantic City, and never simply poach from existing properties.
‘The brand new arrivals to the Atlantic City tourism market can simply be likely to generate considerable publicity and large crowds,’ Marino concluded.
Derek Stevens’ Downtown Casino Plans Head to Las Vegas Planning Commission
Derek Stevens, owner of the ‘The D’ and Golden Gate in downtown nevada, has submitted plans to the Las Vegas Planning Commission for his mystical Fremont Street project, which will be the first brand new hotel and casino to be built from the bottom up downtown since 1980. The commission is scheduled to have a series of votes in the plans on Tuesday.
Natural-born showman Derek Stevens has been unusually quiet about their plans for the part of Fremont and Main, but Las Vegas Mayor, Carolyn Goodman, has guaranteed they will ‘blow the lid off everything’ and complete the regeneration of downtown. (Image: Las Vegas Review-Journal)
Stevens has been uncharacteristically tight-lipped concerning the development, which, as far as we know, does not yet have an official title. What we do know, from specs submitted to the commission, is the fact that casino that is 1,224,485-square-foot resort will be 459-feet-tall, with 777 guest spaces and 117,740 square foot of video gaming space.
The property will have a 1,526-space parking garage across Main Street that will be linked to the casino via a sky bridge. Other features include a rooftop lounge, a sports guide, a ballroom with conference space, a nightclub, several bars and restaurants, a pool and spa.
Nevertheless the description may not justice do it. According to Mayor Carolyn Goodman recently, the project will transform the west end of Fremont Street and ‘blow the lid off everything.’
The casino will rise from the rubble of the historic Las Vegas Club, which had stood on the corner of Fremont and Main since 1949, until it was bought by Stevens and his brother, Greg Stevens, and demolished year that is last.
Additionally bulldozed in the title of progress ended up being the Mermaids casinos and Glitter Gulch Strip Club, as well as the ‘Vegas Vicky’ neon cowgirl.
Stevens recently hinted that ‘Grandissimo’ could be a true name for the project. Jay Sarno, who built Caesars Palace, envisaged a resort that is mega the city with that name, but the plan never came to fruition, and now Stevens has the rights to the name.
‘The name, the story, the innovation and imagination of Jay Sarno is indeed important into the reputation for Las Vegas,’ he told the nevada Review-Journal in February, before adding Gramdissimo was only one possibility and that he remained undecided.
Downtown has enjoyed a revival in the past few years and Stevens believes his task will attract much more visitors away from the Strip. Despite the area getting a revamp with of a bunch of non-gaming attractions, most recent downtown developments have been remodels or refurbishments.
The brand-new that is last to be built from the bottom up was the Sundance in 1980, which later became the leprechaun-themed Fitzgerald’s, and then, in 2012, Stevens’ own D Las Vegas.
If Stevens’ plans get planning payment sign-off, the Las Vegas City Council could have the ultimate say, by having a vote expected next thirty days.
Steve Wynn No Longer Has Control Over Namesake Company, Massachusetts Gaming Commission Rules
In line with the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), the relationship between Steve Wynn and his previous casino company has been successfully dissolved.
The Steve Wynn signature no longer accompanies the $2.5 billion integrated resort in Everett, Massachusetts, which is now referred to as Encore Boston Harbor. (Image: Chris Christo/Boston Herald)
In a ruling released this week, state regulators concluded that the billionaire’s previous ownership and executive ability at Wynn Resorts doesn’t have any bearing in the future of the business’s $2.5 billion built-in resort being built in Everett called Encore Boston Harbor.
The five-member MGC said presented evidence resulted in their determination that Steve Wynn is no longer an ‘individual qualifier,’ or person with a professional interest in the Massachusetts gaming permit issued to Wynn MA, LLC.
Though he continues to maintain he committed no wrongdoing, Wynn resigned in February after numerous allegations of sexual misconduct made against came to light. In late March, the disgraced Las Vegas visionary sold his entire stake into the company he founded in 2002.
In a statement, the MGC said Steve Wynn ‘is no more an officer or director of Wynn Resorts, and accordingly, he can no longer exercise control or provide direction.’
However, the commission added that as a result of Wynn’s 12 per cent stock ownership as of the start of March, he’d still be entitled to rights that are voting the business’s annual shareholders meeting scheduled for might 16. The MGC says upon verification that Steve Wynn will perhaps not exercise their straight to vote, ‘he will likely be de-designated as a qualifier.’
Win for Wynn Resorts
The MGC conclusion is the first victory that is major new Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox. His company remains under research by the state gaming board that is regulatory to whether it’s suitable to keep a casino license.
But the MGC getting rid of Steve Wynn’s name from the operating license, trained on his presumed decision to not vote at this month’s shareholder conference, basically says the 1xbet mobi Encore Boston Harbor no longer has any relationship to your former casino tycoon.
‘Steve Wynn is not Wynn Resorts,’ Maddox declared last month to the MGC. In this week’s adjudicatory ruling, it appears the gaming commission agrees.
The MGC’s Investigations and Enforcement Bureau continues to probe whether Wynn Resorts executives and/or board members knew in regards to the sexual allegations, most specifically a $7.5 million settlement payment made in 2005 to a manicurist who stated she had been forced into having sex with the billionaire. The check was written from a shell limited liability business called Entity Y LLC.
Throughout the bidding process, Massachusetts video gaming regulators determined Wynn Resorts and associated individual qualifiers were ‘suitable’ for licensure. The MGC specifically noted that Steve Wynn ended up being ‘highly ethical,’ and ‘a perfectionist who is passionate about everything he does.’
MGC Chairman Stephen Crosby said in the wake of the bombshell allegations that ‘the people of Massachusetts have actually the right to understand what the hell occurred.’
Wynn Resorts will wait patiently to see where the commission’s investigation comes down. The company is implementing a policy that requires all executives and board members to notify their legal team within 48 hours of any communication with Steve Wynn, which in turn will disclose such correspondence to the MGC in the meantime.